I was moved to a new start up school at my 4th grade as I was not able to compete in one of the top most schools in the district. Teachers at my old school complained that I do not pay attention to them and I always look directions in the class.
Keeping this in mind my mom used to ask me daily how am I doing with my new teachers. I was not able to figure out what exactly this 'Attention' meant. Well, one day in Maths class teacher asked me why am I starring at her, I said 'well, I m paying attention', she smiled and continued. After a month in the parents meeting my parents explained my teacher all about my old school stuff, teacher came back to me and asked me to sit beside a girl named Anu.
Well things went same, I had my first Quarter exams and I made 60% which was 10% lesser than Anu. While signing progress report my dad asked 'what about your friend Anu, guess she scored lesser than you'. I did not say a word back but I realized that so called 'paying attention' is not starring at people but keeping our heart on what they are saying. Also I realized why my teacher asked me to sit beside Anu who is 'blind'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.